Sunday, February 15, 2009

Drip drip...

So the snow is melting (boo!) but I can deal with that. Drip drip is the pace of work on Jessica. This morning (before my Motorbike lesson!) I snuck out and got a couple of hours under my belt. The reason I wanted to do this today (weekends are for the family - not cars - unless its a family attendance at a car show ;o) was because I needed the daylight to run the cables for the overdrive solenoid and cutout switch. It turned out to be pretty easy in the end, I just pulled them along the speedo cable, and up through the grommet in the cab floor - easy-peasy. The exhaust is back on now too, and I've had a crack at pumping up the flat tyre. All good progress.

Of course while I sitting in the cab I couldn't resist trying the starter, and she didn't want to go (that's what killed the gearbox in the first place...) so I'm guessing I need a new starter motor, and I know just the place to get one ...

No comments: