Sunday, August 20, 2006

so the rear door is off...and its a write off... rust all the way up the side which is a realy pain. I think I need to get some better ones. Aparently this is not normal behaviour for rear doors (I asked the oracle). So if anyone out there in minorland has a pair of doors going (I might as well get the other one sorted too) please let me know. I'm in Scotland so there may be an issue with location :o)

And the b pillar provided much hilarity (for those of you who thaught I should have scrapped the car years ago...) . I knew I had to replace the bottom of the pillar, and there there was some filler in there, but I the sheer quantity! Someone must have really enjoyed filling and sanding, because oddly enough it wasn't that bad a shape (maybe a bit square), just 10mm out from where it should have been!

As for other news, the gutter is in the process of getting sorted - out with the old etc. its going well and I have lots of hte old rot out and some repair pieces made and primed ready to go in - when I find the time


Wednesday, August 02, 2006

So what has been happening recently... well little Rory was born! He's a very cute little chap and jolly goodfun, but he does take a lot of time ....
... but he does take long naps!

And of course Daria as been helping :o) I have managed to get the off side arch filled along with the boot lid, the major problem being flatting it properly. I don't seem to be able to get it sorted, I'll have another go and see what happens.

I also managed to get the rear wing fitting much better (filing hte mounting holes helped a bit too) I think if I put in a few more hours in I can get it all ready for paint pretty quickly. The priorities at the moment are the boot lid and the rear arch.

I have also been looking at the rear door which looks very holy. Thats going to come off soon for a re-build. Also the guttering is well shot so that is in the process of coming off...

so much to do