Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring!

The recent mild weather has had me thinking about getting the van on the road again, day dreaming of warm summer evenings, drinking cider and watching the kids run about. I've spent some time over the past couple of weeks (sorry about the lack of posts by the way) to tidy up the interior of the van by re-making some of the cupboard doors. Firstly the glove box doors had some horrid carpet stuck on them, so I've just made up some simple varnished wooden doors to replace them.

Secondly I found all the necessary bits I need to re-manufacture cupboard doors for in the back of the van. The rear corner (where the oven was) and the grille door. The main door is made of ply, with a layer of veneer on top and some 'P' section beading on the edge. So far they don't look too bad (as always don't look too closely). The venner needs to be stained and then varnished and then they'll be ready for the fitting.

All this talk of getting vehicles ready for the summer had me on the phone to get the van insured and I got a top deal from Peter James insurance so I just need to get her taxed now. So after all these thoughts of summer evenings and enjoying classic cars, what is the weather doing ....

yeah it's bloody snowing again...


No comments: