Friday, June 13, 2008

Do something new today

Getting to the ripe old age of 35 means that time kinda flies by without you noticing. Well occasionally I do notice and wonder what has been going on. A couple of kids and a beautiful wife are major milestones, as are a couple of classic cars; but what else has changed? Have I learned anything? Well today I did.
I've been into classic cars forever and enjoyed playing with them and learning how to fix them. Being brave enough to fix the brakes was a big moment. As was learning to weld. Well today the milestone was much smaller, but still a milestone.
I have been in the process of fixing up the rear corner to refit the bumper. I had ordered some fasteners from Pugh and Sanders but unfortunately I got the dimensions wrong. In order to rectify this, I bought a die from ebay, and learned how to use it. I've never had to do this before because of the family connection, so this is a new thing.

set up the die


screw in the bolt

hey presto - I don't know what all the fuss was about!

A nice new bumper - firmly fastened in place.


No comments: