Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Presents presence

I'm finally getting into gear again after Christmas (and the pre-Christmas flu) so I popped out into the freezing garage for an hour or so tonight. Before Christmas I took the heater out of the van. The heater is attached to a metal box with is in turn screwed to the inside of the front panel (behind the air intake). Unfortunately it was kinda crusty because it had got full of water over the years and had rusted. Tonight I welded in a new flange around the inside and some captive nuts so it can be re-attached in the future. Doesn't look too shabby and no one is going to see it anyway!

I was lucky enough to receive some ace gifts for Christmas. One of one was a torch strong enough to dazzle astronauts on the international space station.

Oh yeah it's a beast! This is what it looks like when it's not in burn mode. Rechargeable, easy to hold and a must-have accessory for any classic car owner I think!

Super Power Ray Gun - for melting faces etc.

I think I forgot to mention that I got myself a little prezzie before Christmas. Every morning on my way to work, I walk past an old Mitsubishi colt with a nice old roof rack on. Last year I put a note on it asking if I could buy it. Just before Christmas I manged to get in touch with the guy (who turns out to be one of the nicest, most interesting people I have ever met!) and he sold me this -

It's a large Desmo roof rack which is fully adjustable and looks very cool. I'm hoping to fit it on to the top of the van cab but it may be a little wide - I'll keep you posted (when the snow melts). Finally I stuck a coat of paint on the inside of the door. It doesn't look that bad at the moment, but I'm sure that will change!

1 comment:

Alexander said...

Hi a good post very interesting