Monday, September 07, 2009

Sparky...

As you may know I've been having a little trouble with Jessica. Too many times she has developed a bit of a misfire when she's hot and coughs and splutters her way home after a nice day out. So I've decided to have another crack at sorting it. A month or so ago I changed the fuel pump (no change) and swapped out the coil and plug leads (no change) then I took a look in the carb dashpot (nothing untoward). So what was left... well the only thing I could think of was the dizzy. So I popped off to my local 24 hour motorfactor (yup - eBay) and bought a new electronically pointed 45D dizzy. Its nice and clean and looks like its up to the job. Anyway - I fitted it tonight and so far so good. The local test track (two roundabouts and a strip of duel carriageway) showed the power was up and everything was nice and smooth. Not 100% sure about the new timing position as I managed to smash the timing light in the fan... ooops..


In other news, Sunday was Mum's birthday (happy birthday Mum!) so I went down to deliver her new/old bike and on the way down popped in to see Paul, Pam, Michael, Rachel and little David in Stockport. I know Paul from way back, in the Manchester branch of the Morris Minor owner's club. He has a very nice Black 1960 4 door which is a concourse candidate, rubber battery and wire hose clips and everything! Maybe he'll let me show you some piccies if you're lucky...

See you soon guys!

No comments: