Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dear Sir...

I have been dismayed to see the increase in vandalism in the West Lothian area...

... is how the letter would start, if I were to write it. However I won't be writing it as I have something of a soft spot for some of the local Street Artists. Don't get me wrong, tagging and mindlessly daubing public spaces with paint don't do anyone any favors, but our local artists seem to have a pretty wicked sense of humor. Not yet Banksy, but they put a smile on my face..



This one one seems to be a recurring use of chalk, and what apears to be drawing round shadows of objects at various times of the day, unfortunartly the one I photographed does look a little unseemly. What I like about this one is that the artist keeps going, there are newly identified shadows all round the town every week.

This one makes me chuckle every time I see it.


Finally, carved into the filth on the back of the van I found some slightly less entertaining artwork. If you look closely you can just make out the artist's signature. It looks like M e g. If I get my hands on her...

No comments: