Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bump and Grind

Yeah - bin grinding again... I can't help myself you know. While me and the mrs were chatting and drinking Cider on Saturday night, I got all hypnotised by the bubbly crumblyness of Jessica's offside rear panel.

Crumbly like a hobnob but not as nice...

Full of cider and looking forward to me welding for the next month or so...

So today, like a good classic car enthusiast, I took a look. With an angle grinder... needless to say there was some rust lurking. Along with a weird blob of filler about 7 mm thick which seemed to have no real purpose. Other than to allow the (sound) steel underneath to start merrily rusting away.




Hopefully this lot will be easily sorted (assuming there is nothing major lurking behind the outer skin) and it'll be one less thing to worry about...

Oh and I managed to scrape Molly's wing on the garage wall.... GRRRRR.....

No comments: