Wednesday, May 12, 2010

All together now...

All together now! I know , I know I've not been posting recently, well it all comes in one go round here. I took a week off work and used some of the spare time to put Molly back together. It all went to plan - should have done too as I've done it loads of times before. So she's up and running again, but (as ever) there is lots more to do. I remembered to change the oil and do a flush job too. However after all that ... that annoying top end rattle is still there!

I've managed to clear out the garage a bit and now I can crack on with a few other jobs like tidying up the paintwork and cleaning up the interior. I one of the (other) things that has been bugging me for a good while was the over spray I got on the heater - gone now!


Oh and that hamper that Gib sent us for Christmas has now found a home....


While I was off work I had to redecorate the bedroom. Not very executing I know but once I got in to it it was quite therapeutic. It also got me thinking about "finish quality". I'm no decorator, but I can do it. I'm no classic car restorer but I can have a crack. It comes down to how long you want to spend on it, how good a finish you want and whether you want to use the car/room any time soon. I keep thinking if I had enough spare room / garages more cash and time, then maybe the finish would improve, or maybe I would just get bored and still have tatty cars and bad decorating... who knows...

No comments: