Saturday, October 18, 2008

Up in the sky....

Bin a bit quiet recently I know, but things have been happening at littleyellowtowers. The first thing that has been keeping me busy is sorting out Molly's headlining. The orignal one literally fell apart in my hands, which made measuring up and putting together the new one a tad difficult, but thanks to a little help for the chaps at East Sussex Morris Minors I'm on my way.


I've now spent 2 saturday evenings on it, (casualty is ok, but working on old cars makes it lots better) and its looking good.Fitting time is getting closer and I'm wracking my brain thinking of things I really need to do before the headlining goes in (like polising the interior bodywork, rust proofing the gutter and stuffing in some more soundproofing). Then again it could be because I'm scared of screwing it up.


Jessica has been having some attention too (not a lot, just a little). She has been booted out onto the road outside the house in readiness for the driveway getting done (1 week late so far). Being out front means I can see the handywork she had lavished upon her a couple of weeks ago. I managed to finish off the gutter, throw some paint and sealer on before the weather went properly bad, however what with the weather being quite rubbish, the finish is er.. rubbbish. One more for the to-do re-do list. A couple of things arrived in the post this week for her from the Saviour of Commer vans, Mr Woolfie. Firstly the door bottom panels (a winter todo item) and a pair of orginal bunks. More bunks you say? Well the ones we have are were adjusted to fit, leave no room to actually put the children up, and they (the bunks and therefore the kids) easily fall down when you stand up and bang your head on them (not good). So I'm going original. It should mean the bunks are harder to knock down and they are kinda wedge shaped, so the kids can get in and out without having to wriggle through a teeny gap at the end.

Next weekend we're all off to Saddle castle on the Mull of Kintyre (1 minute 34 seconds... - that'll be us) to celebrate my Dad's 65th birthday. We last went to Saddle over 20 years ago, where, as kids we had a whale of a time, playing in the woods, mucking about on the beach (I came back with a sheep skull!) and flying kites. Well my little brother, ever the sentimentalist, was reliving the kite flying, and talked me into building another kite for this trip (to be honest it wasn't that hard for him!).

the original (50p) kite book, still works!

the next generation of aeronautical engineers


Now I do try to keep this blog on the straight and narrow, concentrating on the things that matter (cars n stuff) but this got me annoyed. It even annoyed my wife, and she doesn't like eating yummy tasty fish...

No comments: