Sunday, May 04, 2008

You will always find me in the carpark at carshows *

Today was our first foray into the Scottish classic show circuit. It was held at the National Museum of Rural Life in East Kilbride. It was also a nice opportunity for a trip out with Jessica. The cars were just in the car park so it meant that we had to use the overspill car park - or a field as I like to call it. Fine apart from the fact that it was really wet and Jessica has no weight over the rear wheels so we had some serious wheel spin action
As it was a bit wet we decided to go round the museum until it dried out and it turned out to be rather good. After that it was time for the obligatory chips from the scabby dog burger van and a run around in the agricultural themed play area. Why weren't there things like this when I was 5?

Oh yeah the cars, well the Scottish Morris minor owner's club were there in force with a nice array of cars (not a fan of the traveller pick up though!). I carefully avoided eye contact as I'm so ashamed of Molly being off the road for so long.The mini clan had a very nice display, including some very nice cars like early coopers , a traveller and a very tidy clubman estate.
So what we're my faves? A SAAB 96 is always nice to see, but the estate version (with kid seats in the back) is superb. This Arbarth thing (FIAT 124 Spider I think) has lots of nice race stuff on. And the Opal Monza next to it is ace.


My fave though has to be this Spitfire 4, pretty rare, but a lovely car and something I can see myself owning - one day...In all a fun day out!


* apologies to JonaLewie

No comments: