Sunday, May 18, 2008

Seven heaven and a breath of fresh Ayr

This weekend saw the first proper family outing with the van and a chance to meet a fellow Commer owner. I got in touch with Ruairidh through the Commer Van Fan forum. He has a highwayman conversion and was out enjoying it and his Austin 7. We met up at the Scottish Austin 7 club's gathering at Loch Lomond. He even let me have a go in the 7 - superb... I want one!

This weekend's main event however was the annual Scottish vegan barbecue. This is hosted by Sylvia, who's husband runs what is probably the best caravan site in western Scotland, walled garden caravan park, set in an old walled garden (surprisingly) it is a little sun trap, with superb facilities - it really is the place to be - Jessica seemed to fit in well too!

Jessica hangs out with the big boys


Can I make it - what do you think?

The barbecue was a lovely relaxed affair with really nice food (including top vegan quiche) and great company.


So once everyone had eaten their fill and was well and truly baked from the sun, we were ready for the trip home. We decided to take the A71 back from Ayr, perfect for relaxed cruising and it took us through some really nice countryside.


Great view from the A71


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wish I was there the barbecue looked great, as for the Loch Lomond I'm pleased to say I have been there and admired the beauty of it. I am glad you all have had such a good time. Jessica looks great I am hoping to see her soon when you come visiting.
Love
Ella