Friday, November 20, 2009

Gridlock

After being laid up for a few weeks and fiddling with radio controlled models, the full sized project vehicles have started backing up.

Molly has been pressed in to service as a daily driver, just like the good old days. Unfortunately (but not wholly unexpected for a 47 year old car) there are a couple of niggly glitches which need to be sorted. Namely the horn and the interior light have stopped working. There is still an annoying clunk from the front suspension and a rattle from the rear. Also, driving through Edinburgh in the rain and dark I have realised that I really do need some kind of wing mirror. I would also like to get under her soon to check out the bodywork/underseal situation before the gritters get busy. All in all though she is doing very, very well.

The same cannot be said however for Jessica, the door repair hasn't been touched for weeks .It needs to be welded up, finished and fitted so she can become semi water tight again. The other door can then come off for some cosmetics, then I can think about taking the windscreen out and painting the front panel (maybe). I also need to lay her up properly, grease everything and trickle charge the batteries. This however is the root of the problem. If Molly is going to get the attention she deserves, then she needs to be in the garage, and there is a broken old Commer in the way. One day I'll have a large, dry, warm double garage to work in, where I can take whichever vehicle I choose... one day...

No comments: