I seem to have something resembling a car in the garage...
two wings and a couple of doors to go.
the doors and the rear wing need painting though, so I'll be waiting for another nice day to get the paint blown on. I'm sure the neighbours won't mind (I'll try to make it when they are not having someone viewing the house!)
Some wiring has gone into the boot. I'm sure there are only 6 wires required (2xbrake, 2x lights, number place light and one for the fuel gauge) but I have 7. I did label them all, but the labels are now all soggy and I can't read the writing!
Is everything going to be together for the summer - should I book an MOT? Will I get distracted by a new arrival? Stay tuned to find out!
Today I was mostly fitting the boot! it wasn't as straight forward as it should have been as the aperture isn't quite the shape it should be. But it seems ok now. But the boot lid paint is loads worse than I thought...
I got the rear door back on, but it got a fair wallop when it fell over so theres another thing to fix
And of course I scratched the Pillar paint work when I was putting it on :o(
I have been looking at extending the fleet though....
The progress at LYC central hasn't been to good recently, and is usually pretty bad in the winter, mainly due to the shonky garage. Its a rather nasty Marley concrete panel single garage with a leaky roof and a propensity for condensation.
The main problem however is the lack of drainage in front of the garage door...
The slight angle on the floor means that the flooding is limited to the left hand side, but that is where I usually keep all the stuff I'm working n :o(. Duckie is happy though!
We're on a roll! After the success of yesterday's painting (kinda) I decided I'd have another go today.
First I had to move Mol to the other side of the garage, then I could flat down the dribbly bits and dust, and then do lots of masking, the kids helped and Moo was particularly good at holding the paper and taping down. Rory just got confused with the masking tape.
Anyway once everything was masked, I banished the kids and got on with the cleaning. I learned from yesterdays tragic events and blew down all the mucky corners (A,B and C pillars) and vacuumed everything too.
I decided to use the big gun today which turned out to be a lot better and meant I didn't need to keep refilling all the time!
I've just popped in for a cuppa so its time to go and see what's what...
Progress! Quite a lot has been going on this weekend. After a teeny window in the rain, I decided to take the opportunity to do some painting. And the results aren't too bad. Well at least its yellow.
I managed to spill a load of paint, mix up some with panel wipe (its not the same as thinners!) Blow up a load of dust out of a scabby corner and get 101 runs ,but apart from that, success :o)The boot is looking pretty good too, shame it'll be be all covered up!
No pics today, but lots of progress, a fair amount of filling and flatting on the rear 1/4 and the rear shock absorbers have gone on again. Also the lowering blocks are off. This is in an attempt to make her more drivable, cause the exhaust to fit properly and stop brake pipes getting squished!
I'm getting ready for some paint now (which I'm going to be doing myself!). The plan is to paint the interior and boot, the windows can then be masked off and the rear 1/4 done and finally the off side and front panel (three lots!) a load of paint supplies are on order from Ebay at the moment. I'll publish the progress as soon as the weather improves!